Citizens Advice New Forest is a local independent charity providing free and confidential advice to help people solve the difficulties they face. Our service has never been more in need so we are seeking committed and dedicated individuals who can join our team.
Our current vacancies are:
Kickstart Trainee – Receptionist and Adviceline Assessor x 3 in New Milton, Ringwood and Totton Offices
We have 3 vacancies for this role in our New Milton, Ringwood and Totton offices. This role is to become part of our Citizens Advice New Forest team to support the teams in these 3 offices and on the Adviceline telephone service.
In setting up this role, you have an opportunity to make a real difference by helping deliver our important service. At the same time, we know that our training and the experience offered, will help you to develop important skills and prepare you for the future.
Working as part of a committed team, you will gain the training and support required to run the reception desk at the New Milton office and deliver an effective multi-channel advice service. You will be given the practical tools and systems to gain a unique set of skills and experience to help you in your future job search.
To take full advantage of this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate that you can work independently and have the skills and motivation to follow a self-directed learning programme.
Skills gained through the training programme will include:
- Learning how to set up and run an effective front of house reception desk
- Working a part of a multi-site team
- Understanding how to manage challenging or difficult conversations with people in distress
- Empathising with the needs of vulnerable individuals, and learning how to work with people in a respectful and non-judgmental way
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of advice and legal issues – including welfare benefits, debt, employment, housing and family
- Experience in the effective use of technology and telephony systems to deliver an effective service
For further information and details on how to apply please download the Kickstart Trainee Job Pack
We value diversity, promote equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.